Re: hard systemd dependency?
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- Cc: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: hard systemd dependency?
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:45:20 -0500
On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> Anyway... if we are really entering into a strong systemd-only world (and
> not merely communication with standard systemd D-Bus interfaces) then I'd
> prefer if we did that with an explicit declaration by the release team and
> not a commit with a misleading log message made by a single maintainer.
We are not, at least in 3.8. The current g-s-d build failure is temporary.
>From the release team meeting notes:
→ ack previous decisions:
- No hard compile time dep on systemd for "basic functionality"
- example of basic functionality: active session tracking
- example of non-basic functionality: power management
The bugs where we are sorting this out for g-s-d are
] [Thread Prev