Re: FSF's role in GNOME (was Re: Fwd: Questions for the board election candidates)

Brian Cameron wrote:
> I'd hardly say that you, Bradley, are the only person who values the FSF
> who also contributes to GNOME.

Oh, I didn't mean to indicate I was the only one!  But, I can of course
only speak for myself.  Meanwhile, I think the work that's done by FSF
through the Advisory Board that I've been a part is, *by itself*, a
valuable contribution that GNOME gets from FSF, without even considering
the other overlap points.

> I guess I do not see what would be accomplished by severing ties with
> the FSF.  It hasn't seemed like there has been really that much tension
> between GNOME and the FSF lately.

If there is, I'm not directly aware of it currently.  But as always, I'm
happy to continue to serve in my role as diplomat between the two orgs. ;)
Sadly, I won't make it to GUADEC this year, but I'm generally always
available if there are any FSF/GNOME Foundation intersection points that
need attention.

   -- bkuhn