Re: Redesign Gnote as Notes?

2012/5/20 Aurimas Černius <aurisc4 gmail com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I like the idea of Notes in general:
> https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Notes
>
> I think we could transform Gnote into Notes. I made some initial
> proof-of-concept, you can see results here:
> http://aurisc4.blogspot.com/2012/05/notes-demo.html
>
> This is of course only an initial work, but I'm willing to continue it.
> Any comments/ideas?

I have already mentioned this before but the Tomboy developers have
started the process of transforming Tomboy into the Notes application.
Jared Jennings has already previously started work on a presentation
screen that will easily transformed into parts of the Notes design,
additionally we have a big hackfest coming up next month where lots of
this work is going to be performed. Likewise Tomboy will be redesigned
to have a proper library for Note access which will allow Tomboy to
present multiple frontends so fit natively on multiple platforms. I
believe Allan Day has scheduled some time to talk to the relevant
Tomboy developers about how to best execute the Notes design.

I figure that might have baring on any decision to invest work in GNotes.

Kind regards,
David