Re: Dealing with GTK 3.3.18 scrolling handling changes for GNOME 3.4
- From: Carlos Garnacho <carlosg gnome org>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Subject: Re: Dealing with GTK 3.3.18 scrolling handling changes for GNOME 3.4
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 13:00:41 +0100
On vie, 2012-03-16 at 12:56 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> So gtk_widget_add_events (widget, GDK_SCROLL_MASK); for every widget for
> which we want the old behaviour back, correct? Sounds doable by 3.4.
Exactly, it's pretty much that
> > > 0) Patch affected applications
> > I think that should be done anyway for coherence (if you expect scroll
> > events, setting the scroll mask shouldn't hurt). I could just count 3
> > custom scrollable widgets in gnome outside of gtk (webkit, g-t and
> > gucharmap), so it shouldn't be a big effort either.
> There's a gazillion pieces of code that use scroll events and that'll
> need updating. The smaller the quick fix, the better.
] [Thread Prev