Re: [g-a-devel] A11y always-on in gnome-shell and GTK+ (was Re: A11y always-on in gnome-shell)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Mike Gorse wrote:

Strange, I thought that it was already the case, atk-bridge not
registering to any event (key snooping included) unless one client is
listening.

Mike, could you confirm that?

It probably should be doing this, but, alas, it isn't. Right now atk-bridge

Actually, I was misremembering; it is doing this already, sort of. If no AT clients are listening, then it does disable most event listeners, including keystroke listeners, but it is all or nothing (if a client registers either an event or a keystroke listener, then applications are notified that a client has registered, so all listeners get registered, meaning that keystroke listeners get activated even if a client has only registered event listeners, which isn't ideal.)