Re: taking features away (compact view removed from Nautilus)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM, John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> It seems like the broken "labels beside icons" behavior should be
> treated as a bug in GtkIconView that should just be fixed.

Don't worry about it, the text beside icons bug was fixed by removing
the offending feature too.

http://git.gnome.org/browse/nautilus/commit/?id=6aac88928b1935c8e4f5c54a61935f05c57d740e

Did we remove it because it was hard to make it work or did app developers signal that this was an unused feature?  I must admit I don't know of many prorgrams that have this feature...?