Re: multiple vala versions in 3.4

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:

> BTW just for the record, It should be noted that gir is the cause of
> the problem here not vala.

I think this argument doesn't hold any water, tbh. gir was invented to
expose the bindable features of C apis to higher level languages, not
to force (somewhat questionable) constructs like nested namespaces
back into the descriptions of C apis which really don't have these
concepts.

Anyway, we don't need to assign blame here; I think we all agree that
requiring two descriptions of each bindable api is problematic.