Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 10:22 -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 08:59 -0600, Ted Gould wrote:
> > I think that this would be more apparent if the DBus interface
> > descriptions were maintained outside of the systemd codebase.
>
>    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/timedated
>
> I won't comment on if you accept this as being sufficiently divorced
> from systemd or not...

From the wiki page:

        systemd 30 and newer include systemd-timedated

I would conclude that any dependency on that interface is a dependency
on systemd version 30 or newer.  Therefore, GNOME has that as a
dependency in 3.4 on systemd > 30.

To be clear, I don't think that's a problem in how the page is written,
I think that's a reality of where the interface is defined.

		--Ted