Re: [gnome-settings-daemon] datetime: Remove datetime D-Bus mechanism

On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 13:23 +0200, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 10:34 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:

> >> I guess the question from Ryan was more like: "what happens on systems
> >> without an implementation of that D-Bus API which systemd provides?"
> >
> > I guess we need to review, expand and announce the following again:
> > https://live.gnome.org/PortabilityMatrix
> >

> I don't want to sound picky, but since when SystemD is a blessed dependency?

It's an external dependency, since we discussed it in spring 2011, in
this thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-May/msg00427.html

And we don't depend on systemd (otherwise there are patches in
gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center for which we could remove
the #ifdef's), we depend on a D-Bus service being present, which is
shipped by systemd.

Cheers