Re: API documentation from introspection data

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Stefan Sauer <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
>> Honestly, I think all of us (me included) are getting too hung up on
>> the tools. What we really need is better writing. No amount of tool
>> development is going to save you from a lack of good content.
> Agree, but one important part is that the tools are working in a way,
> that people to see them as an annoyance and turn it off. gtk-doc has
> quite a bit of legacy here unfortunately that is not easy to change :/

A work-around that we've enacted in WebKitGTK+ is to run all steps of
the gtk-doc generation during build except for the HTML generation.
This allows us to turn the buildbot red when gtk-doc warnings and
errors are introduced. There is a certain class of errors that is only
detectable during HTML generation, but this makes most errors more
obvious.

HTML generation is quite slow for us. If it was faster, we would run
it for every build.

--Martin