Re: API documentation from introspection data

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 15:00 +0000, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> I am interested in the dynamic features like doing complicated queries
> to show the result and being able to add comments and code examples to
> specific API items, writing code to output Mallard only helps if you
> want to still produce static content,

False. Mallard is effectively a queryable node graph with marked
up text associated with each node. Any information you can extract
from the GIR to query in a database, you can embed into Mallard
and make visible to the entire processing system.

And for user-added comments and examples, the wealth of sites using
services like Disqus shows that you don't have to throw away your
tool chain to do it. Of course, we can't use a proprietary service
like Disqus, but we can make free software to do the same thing,
and it could be reused by lots of projects. In fact, I have a
back-burner project to do just that.

--
Shaun