Re: libgnomekbd: dead man walking

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Sergey Udaltsov
<sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
> Hi ppl
>
> With the recent developments related to input methods, libgnomekbd is
> effectively redundant. The only useful bit remaining is the layout
> preview widget. IMNSHO those bits can be quickly integrated into g-c-c
> without breaking things. I am not aware of any other project that
> would use libgnomekbd. If you know about such dependency - please
> please raise your voice!!!
>
> I discussed that with Rui, he generally agrees but there is valid
> concern about dependencies.
>
> The code will say in git (master and 3.4 branch), I just think the
> library should not be a part of 3.6 release - and there will be no
> further development.
>
> Anyone has any comments? Technically that should be a very cheap operation.

Hey Sergey,

thanks for bringing this up. Given what Bastien said, I guess it will
be best to do this dependency cleanup early in 3.7, and keep
libgnomekbg around for the 3.6 release. It will certainly not be the
only 'dead man walking' in our moduleset...

Matthias