Re: Enable accessibility team to automatically receive bugmail on a11y bug reports

   On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 11:20 +0200, Piñeiro wrote:
> On 08/17/2012 01:12 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > How about having a script that would query bugs:
> > - with the a11y keyword
> > - that don't have the magic a11y maint alias on CC:
> > and adds the maintainer alias for all those
>
> The rationale of this thread was about being notified of new bugs. Do
> you suggest to run that script every X days?

Every night. I don't expect it to be any heavier than a user-triggered
search.

> In general, as Cosimo suggested, the optimal solution would be being
> able to subscribe to key words (but this is not an option right now).

And this is a work-around.

> > Adding an accessibility component to gnome-control-center would just
> > create more confusion (we already have "universal access"), and wouldn't
> > allow us to carry on categorising bugs per panel. It's a no-no from me.
>
> That accessibility component was intended for accessibility bugs (ie: no
> keyboard navigation on X). But it is true that can be confusing ("if
> keyboard navigation doesn't work on the universal access panel, how I
> classify it). Probably gnome-control-center is a bad example of a
> product requiring that component.

Yep, but it's the one I maintain, so...

I was talking to a developer today who writes automated testing systems, and he pointed out that having accessible applications makes automated testing much easier, since automated testing tools have many of the same limitations that blind users have. Since one of the goals of GNOME OS is to be easily testable, maybe you can categorize such bugs as testing bugs, if you don't want to use the a11y keyword.

Meg Ford