Re: Videos from GUADEC/clarification about GNOME on tablets

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 gmail com> wrote:
> 2. While I understand that mobile is new 'shiny' so far I am sceptical
> of unified interfaces (and several other things from presentation like
> pre-installed GNOME on tablet). I will stop here as it would be
> pointless to complain a lot while admitting that one did not understood
> presentation. What would be GNOME approach to it[1]?

First of all, unless you are complaining about our talk precisely,
there is really nothing to complain about. The slides represent Juanjo
and mine's opinion about several issues, not GNOME's official stand on
anything. Hopefully we won't have to get to the point where we need to
prefix everything we say or write with "My views are mine only ...".

As far as your specific question: yes, having a single interface that
works well for mobile/touch and traditional form factors is
challenging. That was one of the problems we talked about during the
talk and the GNOME OS BoF. I think we can still have a debate about
how important mobile is for GNOME and how much (if at all) we want to
go there, which was basically the point.

Cheers,

Xan