Re: Compiling glib applications

On 09/08/12 23:13, Colin Walters wrote:
On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 23:04 +0200, Lanoxx wrote:

> Right, I splitted that up, while I was figuring out why I was getting a
> link error.
Patches?? On the desktop *development* list?  What's going on???
Whats wrong with that, and where should I send it instead?
More seriously...your commit message should explain *why* you created
this patch.  In this case, it's because of the --as-needed linker
default.
Yes, I thought that was clear, since I had replyed to the thread discussing this problem.
Also, your XML appears to be broken.  I'm not totally sure we need the
<note> bit at all...just fixing the default is probably fine.
I do not know how to compile the documentation and view the result, so this was a bit of a blind shot. If you could show me howto generate the html, then I will do better next time.

Thanks.