Re: 3.6 Feature Proposal: Extension Hook Support and Updates

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
<federico gnome org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 03:54 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
>
> (In a way, I like thinking of some extensions as the correct answer to,
> "but we don't want two code paths and a preference".  It helps keep
> everyone responsible for the way they want things to work, instead of
> burdening the maintainer with everything for everyone.)

That's a possibility, but I hope that the majority of the extensions
aren't a "missing checkbox". I hope that the best extensions are ones
that are novel, and add "missing functionality", like Desktop
Scroller.

  https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/136/desktop-scroller/

It's a great idea, and works perfectly as an extension. If we try it
out in usability tests, maybe we should consider adding it to the
Shell itself.

--
  Jasper