Re: Text Cursor Movement Via Arrow Keys

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Andrea Corbellini
<corbellini andrea gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 10:45 -0500, Jason Simanek wrote:
>> Hi,
> [...]
>> up arrow
>> move cursor to next text line up - if at top-most text line, move
>> cursor to beginning of text block/text input
>>
>> down arrow
>> move cursor to next text line down - if at bottom-most text line, move
>> cursor to end of text block/text input
> [...]
>
> This is what already happens, at least with GTK. Perhaps you are
> referring to Vim or other text-based editors (where such behavior is not
> implemented)?

Hmmm... you are right! I guess what I am experiencing this with is
specific to Firefox on Linux. All of the text editors and other GTK
apps seem to move the cursor consistently. I just encounter this issue
and would use this feature the most in web forms I guess, and
selective memory did the rest.

One more question: The Gnome "Web" browser works consistently with GTK
in this regard, Chromium works consistently also, why would Firefox
have a different behavior? Firefox on OSX seems to work consistently
with the desktop environment in this regard... I guess I'll take it up
with the Firefox people.

Thanks for so patiently setting me straight! I apologize for my ignorance.

Jason Simanek