Re: Using Bugzilla for freeze break requests?

On 09/23/2011 07:58 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I think that will add too much burden on the people who have to approve?
>
> I don't track RSS at all. Release-team gets a lot of freeze breaks and I
> want to be notified immediately, not after a delay. I need to see the
> comments that other teams make immediately as well as they're generally
> quite useful. RSS doesn't do that.

Instead of keywords, we could just add bugzilla pseudo accounts for
"string-freeze-break gnome bugs", "ui-freeze-break gnome bugs",
"code-freeze-break gnome bugs". Then to request a break, just cc: the
appropriate address on the bug along with a comment explaining why.
Release/docs/i18n team members would just watch the appropriate address
and so automatically get cc:ed on all the appropriate bugs.

-- Dan