Re: Using Bugzilla for freeze break requests?
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Cc: Translation Team <gnome-i18n gnome org>, gnome-doc-list <gnome-doc-list gnome org>, release-team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Using Bugzilla for freeze break requests?
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:48:22 +0100
On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 22:44 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> After having to send in another code freeze break request e-mail, I
> realised that the process is problematic. Apart from the release team
> and the patch sender, nobody else knows about the freeze break request,
> or about the status of the request.
> I think that, at the very least for GNOME 3.4 onwards, we should switch
> to using a keyword in bugzilla, and the release-team, docs team and i18n
> teams can monitor newly request breaks, through RSS feeds (the design
> team does that), and get the keywords cleared when the freeze break has
> a result.
> That means that there's no problems with the timeline (patches that go
> in before the request got accepted for example), accountability and
> traceability, as well as visibility for the bugsquad and QA teams in
> downstream communities.
For example, nobody apart from the release-team here would know that I
would have requested a freeze break for
] [Thread Prev