Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v5)

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 15:38, Felipe Contreras
<felipe contreras gmail com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it seems this is
> not going to be blessed by GNOME, and questionpro.com only allows 10
> questions in the free version. I haven't found a better free online
> survey, and unless somebody offers hosting for this survey, it would
> have to be limited.

Google Docs Spreadsheets has a survey system built in to it called
Forms. It allows anonymous respondents.

> One problem raised was the issue of self-selection bias, of course,
> without any suggestions to get rid of it.

That's false. I gave you two strategies:

> You can mitigate this problem by
> offering a survey that appears to have nothing to do with the subject
> matter that you're really looking for an answer on so that you get a
> truly random sampling of Linux users. You also must be careful not to
> recruit people to take the survey from communities which will contain
> angry people. For example, going to forums to find people to take a
> survey automatically selectively biases from people who were likely
> there to solve some kind of problem and are so already in a particular
> state of mind.[1]

And you still haven't addressed the biased question phrasing in
questions 2 and 3.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-August/msg00051.html