Re: GNOME 3.3 Schedule Draft

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
Shaun McCance wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 14:42 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > A draft for the GNOME 3.3 schedule is available at
> >
> >         https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree#Schedule
> >
> > Comments are welcome; Silence means compliance.
>
> I notice there's no longer a feature freeze. I was going to propose
> a change to our UI freeze policy, but my proposal involved feature
> freeze, and it's gone. Intentional?

It's intentional, the release team decides on new features, we'll do
this early (week 6), and this cycle we will try to be more active,
getting regular status updates on the different features).

One suggestion I have is that when feature or capabilities would probably be more accurate; send out a new a reminder and expectations.  I think some of us forget that we are doing these things differently than previous spins.  You might get better participation that way.

sri