Re: Boxes and 3.4

Le mercredi 30 novembre 2011, à 00:37 +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>    As most of you know, we proposed Boxes for 3.4 and from what I can
> tell, there were no big objections in the end. There was then the
> question of us actually delivering in time. As seen on planet GNOME
> not long after that, we delivered the first release which was included
> in 3.3.2. There is still a long way ahead to make Boxes the awesome
> app that we all would like it to be but to ensure that Boxes is in
> good enough shape for 3.4 inclusion in time, we would like to know a
> few things:
>
> * which features exactly are must?
> * is the plan to keep vinagre in 3.4 alongside boxes?
> * is Boxes going to be a 'preview' feature in 3.4 like Documents was in 3.2?
>
>  Release team? everyone?

I'm sorry, but I still have the same objection :-) And talking to a few
people, I understood that I'm not alone in feeling that Boxes might not
fit core GNOME (even as a core app [1]).

Note that this shouldn't actually block any work on Boxes, as it does
look like a great application.

Vincent

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps -- just to give an example: I feel
that a backup tool makes more sense than boxes as a core app, imho. And
the wiki says that such a tool is very likely not a core app but would
make a great regular app.

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.