gnome-terminal profiles improvement

Hi,

First of all, i apologize if it's not the good list to discuss about this,
but i couldn’t find a list more specifically related to gnome-terminal
features.

I find current gnome-terminal profiles useful, but in a certain way
limited. I often have a lot of shells open, logged on different servers
and/or with different accounts. I used to have different launchers for
this, but that doesn’t fit well with the new gnome-shell interface, and
does not handle all cases (i sometimes need to log in a first server to
access a second one or become root on this server, or tend to prefer to
reuse an open terminal rather than closing it and opening a new one). So
I'd like to have one profile per server, and the good one automatically
selected.

Thus, i patched gnome-terminal to allow « automagic profile selection ».
The selection scheme is quite simple : if the xterm-title string matches a
profile-specific one, then switch to this profile.

This is very handy because it is really easy to modify PROMPT_COMMAND to
set the title, and it is common to use "login@server: PATH". By matching
login@server, the good profile is automatically selected whenever i log on
a new server or change my account on this server, and unselected when i
log off. Different profiles are really easily identified on the activities
view.

So, my questions are :
- is the community interested in such a feature ? (googling around tend to
show that demand for such a functionality exists, albeit not being very
common)
- if so, who do i need to send my patch to ?
- what would the ui look like (for now, i only implemented the profile
switching functionality and use gconf-editor to alter the profiles, which
is enough for me).

Best regards,
Julien