Re: RFC: Securing maintainer uploads to master.gnome.org

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 03:23:25PM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>> It's useful.
>
> What do you suggest then?
>
> 1. Let anyone with git.gnome.org upload any tarball they want
This one ^^

> 2. Let selected people upload any tarball they want; handled by
> accounts gnome org.
> 3. Only maintainers, release team
What I'm saying is there shouldn't be a lot of process involved here,
because people informally help out pretty frequently.

If you keep track of it already you can see probably see how often it
happens by looking at the stats, I guess.

A number of modules are sort of "maintained by the masses".  It's not
just release-team members who do the releases, either.

--Ray