maintaining both gtk2 and 3 compatibility

Hi All,

Ideally, I would like my python app to run under both GTK2 and 3. I seem to have run into a problem with wnck:

My code runs on gtk3 with 'import wnck', but no wnck signals are being received by my app. Installed libs are dumped below.

Is it feasible to keep backward compatibility with gtk2 (gnome2) or should I rip out all the wnck2 packages (below) and maintain two separate code trees?

cheers,
Richard

richard@wc-hp:~/tools/skype-record$ dpkg -l '*wnck*'
||/ Name               Version            Description
ii  gir1.2-wnck-3.0    3.2.0-0ubuntu1     GObject introspection data for the WNCK library
ii  libwnck-3-0        3.2.0-0ubuntu1     Window Navigator Construction Kit - runtime files
ii  libwnck-3-common   3.2.0-0ubuntu1     Window Navigator Construction Kit - common files
ii  libwnck-3-dev      3.2.0-0ubuntu1     Window Navigator Construction Kit - development file
ii  libwnck-common     1:2.30.7-0ubuntu1  Window Navigator Construction Kit - common files
un  libwnck-dev        <none>             (no description available)
ii  libwnck22          1:2.30.7-0ubuntu1  Window Navigator Construction Kit - runtime files
ii  python-wnck        2.32.0-0ubuntu6    Python bindings for the WNCK library
un  wncksyncdaemon     <none>             (no description available)