Re: GObject Introspection instead of PyGTK

--- On Wed, 2/11/11, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall gmail com> wrote:
> Jasper St. Pierre
> <jstpierre mecheye net>
> wrote:
> > There's a good introduction over here: http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.rtfd.org
> >
> > The first thing that I would do is replace:
> >
> >    import gtk
> >    import gobject
> >
> > with something like:
> >
> >    from gi.repository import Gtk as gtk, GObject as
> gobject
> >
> > and see what breaks.
>
> You can also find a porting guide over here:
> https://live.gnome.org/PyGObject/IntrospectionPorting
>
> Indeed, the first step is just renaming stuff. There's a
> bunch of
> that, and in some cases it might be all you need to do.
> Good luck!

So, to temporary close this thread - and thank you for your assistance:

Unity was causing me frustration that was clouding my thinking - I've now moved to Gnome-Shell and my levels of frustration are subsiding to a point where I can get on with my work and enjoy my computer again.

I believe that I must have some gnome/gtk2 libs installed as my code works with:

    import pygtk, gtk, gobject

and, since my only known user has his software working again, I'm going to return to my work.

cheers,
Richard