Re: 3.2 features: login screen

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 20 mai 2011 à 08:02 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
>> - An 'initial-setup' tool. The goal here is to allow setting up a few
>> essential things on a new system before you start to use it for the
>> first time.
>
> Please don’t do this. It would merely duplicate the functionality
> already in the installer.

The best argument for having this as part of the OS is for the live CD
scenario.  You might as well type in your username each time if you
have to pick language etc. too.

And once you've done this, then you don't need to create a user in the
installer, because we can just take the one you made at bootup.

It's almost like everything would be integrated and actually make sense!