Re: New module proposal: LightDM
- From: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: New module proposal: LightDM
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:01:52 +0100
On Friday, 13 May 2011 at 20:17, Alexander Larsson wrote:
I think we should focus on automatic login into a locked session. There
> are various issues here, like:
> * Must add keyring unlocking to unlock screen
> * keyrings are only availible once you're unlocked, which means some
> things need to wait for some signal that the keyring is up before doing
> * Encrypted homedirs are problematic since we can't e.g. read the users
> preferences before we unlock.
> * Don't want to start autostart apps or start the session before we've
> authenticated, as there might be security issues.
MeeGo for Netbooks does this. It's not perfect and we've made several design choices that ease the implementation, but it does work -- we login to the session with a locked screen.
We even support encrypted home partitions, not sure what happens the though...
] [Thread Prev