Re: Help Wanted Installing jhbuild on LFS 6.8

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 16:02 -0700, bsquared wrote:
I have installed jhbuild in a basic LFS environment using standard build
tools: configure --prefix=/usr ; make&&  make install.  files[1] are
installed to /usr.  But modulsets dir remained with source, so I copied
to user dir /usr/src/jhbuild (jhbuild user's home). I changed
modulesets_dir = os.path.join(SRCDIR, 'modulesets') to
modulesets_dir = os.path.expanduser('~/modulesets') in
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jhbuild/defaults.jhbuildrc"

I made a very simple .jhbuildrc for testing with bootstrap:

moduleset = ''
modules = [ ]
checkoutroot = '/sources/'
prefix = '/usr'

I get this error:

jhbuild [ ~ ]$ jhbuild bootstrap
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/jhbuild", line 31, in<module>
      jhbuild.main.main(sys.argv[1:])
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jhbuild/main.py", line 130, in
main
      config = jhbuild.config.Config(options.configfile)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jhbuild/config.py", line 194,
in __init__
      self.setup_env()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jhbuild/config.py", line 448,
in setup_env
      os.makedirs(gconfpathdir)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 150, in makedirs
      makedirs(head, mode)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 150, in makedirs
      makedirs(head, mode)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
      mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/etc'

So, it seems that it does not like this configuration.

Any ideas are appreciated.

--
Thank you,
-Brian

LFS 6.8 with More Control and Package Management using Package Users

I don't exactly follow, but did you ensure that '/usr/etc' belongs to a
group named 'install' (if you followed the suggestion of that elegant
LFS package management system)? Did you ensure that jhbuild is a member
of that group?

Another thing is that if you are going to be using jhbuild (and just to
confirm), are you going to be having the all packages built by it use
the same package user?

Thank you for resonding.
Regarding your first question. I currently do not have a /usr/etc folder. I would prefer setting be stored in /etc or /etc/jhbuild. As to you second question, I want jhbuild to be available to all pkgusrs. For example, a user named xorg will use jhbuild to build the modules in it's ~/.jhbuildrc andmodulesets directory while user gnome-core would have a different config file and modulesets directory.

Does that make sense?  Is it possible?

Thanks, Brian