Re: SoC idea: desktop file cache

Hi!

After reading Alan's and David's comment it occurs to me that it could
be way simpler to have a dbus-service handling the desktop files and
anybody wanting to access the desktop files in a fast way can use that
service (through a library wrapper).

This would make all the cache problems much easier as there would be
only one process touching the cache at all. Sync/Async support comes
from dbus basically for free.

Just my 2 cents,

Johannes