Re: GNOME 3.2 ideas and plans

Hi,

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> It would be nice to have some level of integration with web applications
> in the desktop. For instance, I would like to update my facebook status
> or tweet easily via the user status menu in the shell. I would also like
> facebook message notification with the message tray, and facebook chat
> support.
>
> And I'm sure there are many other small integration points that may be
> useful:
> * Easily share pictures on flickr/facebook/etc
> * Easily share links on facebook/etc
> * Facebook as address book source
>
> It would also be cool if we had some set of web-services of our own that
> we could integrate with, like:
>
> * Easy on-web filestore integrated with everything
> * Syncing of preferences and bookmarks to my.gnome.org

How much of this is a solved problem via
libsocialweb & the status panel:
http://gitorious.org/+meego-netbook-ux-team/meego-netbook-ux/meego-panel-status?page=16
in the MeeGo Netbook UX, and/or the Me Menu:
https://launchpad.net/indicator-me in Ubuntu? If there are concerns
about things not being done the right way by these projects, perhaps
their authors might be willing to address those concerns?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary