Re: Gnome 3 system sounds

Could we ask some of these "open source" artist websites like magnatune to see if someone is willing to donate time or maybe we need to get the foundation involved with providing some kind of monetary incentive?
 [sorry for top posting, I'm too lazy to deal with gmail today]
sri

-- Sriram Ramkrishna (sriram.ramkrishna_@@_@.gmail.com (remove _@@_)

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Lennart Poettering <mztabzr 0pointer de> wrote:
On Tue, 18.01.11 20:41, Gendre Sebastien (korbe romandie com) wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> Some news features and a new Shell for Gnome 3, but any plans for the
> system sound? Using sound theme from Freedesktop like in Fedora?

Well, unfortunately sound themes don't grow on trees and before we can
change the default we'd first need a theme we actually could change to.

Unfortunately we never managed to attract many sound artists and the
number of standard compliant sound themes is pretty minimal. Recently
Canonical started an attempt to create a new sound theme but was kinda
dickish about it and refused to contribute anything to the upstream
s-t-fdo. Not sure what happened with that but if they actually
accomplished anything this might be something we could steal for GNOME
3.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.