Re: My thoughts on fallback mode

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 06:37:33PM +0100, Gendre Sebastien wrote:
> Le mardi 04 janvier 2011 à 10:54 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek a
> écrit :
[..]
> > GNOME3 + Compiz = Fail ... or: GNOME3 + Sawfish = Fail
[..]
> I agree with you Chris. The non-modularity of GnomeShell and the
> non-mind-open of her dev team is problematic.
>
> I tried to give my opinion about Gnome Shell on its mailing list and I
> was ignored. I tried the IRC chat and I was insulted (some people say
> that I'm contitioning, unable to think by myself). This is intolerable
> in a community project.

Being ignored is not the same as being insulted. With being ignored, it
is unfortunate, but there can be multiple reasons why this happens. Just
as simple as holidays or overlooking an email. Though could even be that
you've asked something which was explained various times before.

Regarding being insulted: Please tell me your nickname and date & time
of the chat in a private email so I can get a better understanding.

> So, I have a message for the dev team of Gnome Shell:
> You are not alone in this community.

I think we should continue this on the gnome-shell mailing list. I have
a total different viewpoint and I'm just following it from the
sidelines; not a developer.

--
Regards,
Olav