Re: Other window managers with GNOME-Shell [Was: My thoughts on fallback mode]

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
> "other window managers with gnome-shell" doesn't even make sense
> technically. the WM is entangled with the shell, which is the whole
> point, because it lets you do more complex things and have smooth
> graphics.

I know that. The discussion that was talking place was about the fact
that users cannot use other window managers than mutter and
gnome-shell at the same time because of the way gnome-shell is
implemented. I was merely putting the existing discussion on another
thread :)

--
Sam Spilsbury