And about graphics card switch?

Hello everybody. _o/

I have looked at bugzilla and live.gnome.org, but I don't see any plans
about managment of 2 graphics card.

In some laptop, we have 2 graphics card: A small and a big. Recent Linux
kernel supports to ON/OFF each cards. Xorg can't switch without restart,
but it's planed on Wayland.

So, any plan for Gnome 3.XX about graphics card switch?

If not, I proposes a simple implementation.
In Power panel of Gnome Control Center, you have the option:

"Focus on:" and can choose between "Better battery life" and "Higher
performance".

"Better battery life" use the small graphics card, configure CPU on
"ondemand" and enable "laptop_mode" in linux kernel.

"Higher performance" use the big graphics card, configure CPU on
"performance" and disable "laptop_mode" in linux kernel.

After option have selected, the computer indicates to the user that he
need to logout for apply the change.

Regards

--
Gendre Sebastien <korbe romandie com>