Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v2)

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 18:35 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> After going through all the feedback, here's the second version of the
>> proposed survey.
>>
>> There is a proposal to delay the survey until 3.2 is released, to try
>> to avoid some of the initial negative feedback of 3.0, I guess. If
>> this is delayed for 3.2, perhaps there could be a small piece of
>> software that pops up a notification for this, and perhaps some
>> notifications in the future.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> === 01. Which of the following images best resemble your desktop? ===
>> (images of various desktops)
>>
>>  * GNOME 2
>>  * GNOME 3
>>  * Unity
>>  * KDE
>
> <snip>
>
>> === 03. Which GNOME version(s) are you using? ===
>> (multiple choice, with other)
>>
>>  + 3.2
>>  + 3.0
>>  + 2.20 - 2.32
>>  + 2.10 - 2.19
>>  + 2.0 - 2.9
>>  + pre 2.0
>>  + not using it currently
>>
>>  + other, please specify
>
> You expect the person answering the questionnaire to not be able to
> recognise GNOME in question 1 (and identify it from a picture) then be
> able to tell you which version they're using in question 3?

I think people don't have any problem finding "About" in any system
and get the version of the software. However, if your survey software
has the option of adding notes on a question, we could add a bit of
instructions. At least the online survey software that I found didn't
have that option.

--
Felipe Contreras