Re: Musings on the contacts user experience

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 14:31 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:

> them. People often have weird nicknames anyway, that I don't remember but
> which I can recognize when I see them in a list and searching is not
> particularly helpful here.

I don't think this will be too big of an issue for most people.
Telepathy and Folks can fetch extended info from contacts, so all
Facebook (and most other web service contacts) will contain some version
of their real name. If not (eg, you only have IM accounts and some
contacts have obscure usernames), you can always alias your contacts to
their real name to make real name searches work.

-Travis