Re: The desktop in Gnome 3

Hi

Thank you Alexander for your thoughts. As I already mentioned in another
thread, I would like to use the desktop as "the memory" of my thoughts
and actions. For this, I personally would like to use the innovative
knowledge management tool called Deepamehta (www.deepamehta.org). But
since this is a tool for knowledge workers, I wouldn't see it as a
default. Neither I think the desktop should be replaced by any other
tool, because it never can be the right one for everybody. Therefore, I
would warmly welcome if there would be an API for what is considered the
"new" desktop (or, which might be a better word, screentop). Since I am
no Gnome developer, I wonder if such an API is possible or even already
there?

Best
Urs