Re: I cant build mozilla external dependency with jhbuild

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 15:32 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > I don't know why they release xulrunner sources now and then, but
> it's
> > advised to build Xulrunner from Firefox sources. Firefox 3.6.11
> would
> > result in Xulrunner 1.9.2.11 for example.
>
> How ugly. Who advises downloading a frontend if you want to just build
> backend?

Firefox and xulrunner sources are identical:
unpack both firefox 3.6.10 and xulrunner 1.9.2.10 sources and diff the
resulting directories. Though the tarballs differ due to compression
differences, the sources are exactly the same.

If mozilla releases a security update for firefox, I want to have a
matching xulrunner security release, as bugs in the javascript engine in
firefox also affect bugs in the javascript engine used by xulrunner
applications. The latest firefox release at this moment is 3.6.12, which
fixes a 0day vulnerability, where the latest xulrunner source available
is 1.9.2.10.