Re: external dependency review for 2.91

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 14:53 +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > > We'll probably also need to add libsocialweb. nautilus-sendto for GNOME3
> > > will depend on it, as well as the "Web Accounts" panel for the
> > > control-center.
> >
> > I've done a tarball release and added libsocialweb to jhbuild to that
> > effect. I've also cleaned up the dependencies on nautilus-sendto.
>
> It depends on librest, is it also proposed?

I would guess so. I thought it was already in the list of deps, as it
was already defined in jhbuild.

> It depends on gconf and dbus-glib, are there plans to migrate to
> gsettings and gdbus?

GSettings, probably, dbus-glib, I have no idea. I personally don't see
removing dbus-glib usage as something urgent, especially when a large
portion of the code is just dbus interaction (like in libsocialweb, or
in gnome-bluetooth's libraries).

> And more fundamentally, as we are reorganizing our modulesets, what
> was the motivation to add this as an external dependency, instead of
> proposing it as a GNOME module?

I stopped reading the module reorganisation mails when it got into an
l10n discussion, and I already made my concerns about it known.

At the end of the day, I'm not the libsocialweb maintainer, and I needed
to add it to get the nautilus-sendto in master to build. Feel free to
move the definition around.

Cheers