libnotify, gtk changes
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: libnotify, gtk changes
- Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 23:01:19 -0400
Hey, some 2.91.1 API change updates...
Jon did a libnotify 0.7 release, which brings a number of API changes
to make notifications work better in gnome-shell. Thankfully, Jon also
provided patches for everything in our modulesets that uses libnotify.
If your module uses notifications, chances are you have a patch
waiting in bugzilla. We'll need those patches in the 2.91.1 releases
tomorrow, so that we can ship 2.91.1 with the new libnotify.
The GTK+ releases that I've done yesterday also contain some API
changes that may affect you:
- Resize grips have moved from GtkStatusbar to GtkWindow, so if you've
used gtk_statusbar_set_has_resize_grip(), you will have to update your
- GtkComboBoxEntry as a separate subclass is going away soon. It has
been replaced by a ::has-entry property on GtkComboBox.
GtkComboBoxEntry is still around in deprecated form, but it would be
good to start replacing it in your code.
- The combo box text convenience api (gtk_combo_box_new_text etc) is
being replaced by a GtkComboBoxText subclass. Again, just deprecations
for now, but a good idea to start moving to the new APIs
] [Thread Prev