Re: gnome-panel -> gtk3

Le jeudi 14 octobre 2010, à 15:38 +0200, Jan de Groot a écrit :
> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:50 -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> > Hi, folks.
> >
> > Will we have a gnome-panel ported to gtk3? We need it for gnome 3 as
> > fallback for gnome-shell, right?

It will eventually, yes. Help welcome, etc. Note that Benjamin had some
patches in bugzilla that should help a bit.

> Porting gnome-panel will be pain I think, at least when we're talking
> about the bonobo applet loader plugin that is available for backwards
> compatibility now. If gnome-panel is ported to gtk3, either that module
> gets dropped, or it is changed to an out-of-process binary, as it
> depends on libbonobo, which will never ever get ported to gtk3.

We can still do something about that. We just need to make the bonobo
compatibility module out-of-process. So I don't think it would be such a
big deal.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.