Re: New module proposal: libpeas

Hi Andy,

On 10/04/2010 09:11 PM, Andy Wingo wrote:
On Mon 04 Oct 2010 13:10, Steve Frécinaux<nudrema gmail com>  writes:
I'd like to propose libpeas as part of the desktop release set, or
whatever the release team cooked to replace it in Gnome 3.0.

Libpeas sounds really neat :)

Did you solve the toggle refs issue that Owen brought up?

Nope. It's not really a "solvable" issue in the sense that we'd need to change the way they work for them to work ok when several users interact. And I didn't have the occasion to do measurements yet to check the real-life implications of toggle refs...

The best solution so far is to simply advice application writers to use a single dynamic extension language at a time. For instance if you wish to use python you should probably explicitely disable the seed loader. Maybe the other way (i.e. explicit enabling instead of explicit disabling) would be more practical?