Re: splitting up gnome-games

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Josselin Mouette wrote:
Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 16:39 -0400, Colin Walters a écrit :
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
<pochu ubuntu com> wrote:

> Can't you just create several binary packages out of one source package?

Of course.

But it's a maintenance pain to do so and helps perpetuate downstream
forking of the build system.

Sorry but I don’t follow you. It’s not harder to make 10 binary packages
out of 1 source package than to package 10 source packages - it’s
usually easier. And there’s no need to fork the build system for that.

Hi!

I would just like to mention some of the many advantages of keeping gnome-games in a single distribution of gnome-games:

- One distribution allows the translators and documentation project teams
to work in a single location. This means less duplicated work, because
many of the games share a lot of translatable strings, and this makes it
easier to translate gnome-games.

- A lot of code, sounds and image files are shared across all the games.
Maintainging these in a single location means that less duplicated work
will have to be done.

Regards,
Andreas R.