Re: Consolidating Core Desktop libraries

Hi!

Am Freitag, den 12.11.2010, 20:54 +0000 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> <snip>
>
> There's currently RandR helpers (g-s-d and control-center), wallpaper
> handling code (g-s-d, control-center and nautilus), and the thumbnailer
> (nautilus only, afaik).
>
> The RandR stuff could be moved in g-s-d, and the wallpaper code as well,
> when nautilus stops handling the desktop at some point in GNOME 3. And
> nautilus could move the thumbnailer code to use itself.

*raiseshand*

Eye of GNOME uses the thumbnailer as well (we need to be able to
thumbnail without nautilus). But it should be no problem to C&P this bit
(just 2 files I think) between nautilus and eog. One could also think
about reanimating the once proposed d-bus-based thumbnailer[1] if more
users show up.

Regards,

Felix

[1]: http://live.gnome.org/ThumbnailerSpec