Re: Consolidating Core Desktop libraries

Am Freitag, den 12.11.2010, 20:54 +0000 schrieb Bastien Nocera:
> <snip>
> There's currently RandR helpers (g-s-d and control-center), wallpaper
> handling code (g-s-d, control-center and nautilus), and the thumbnailer
> (nautilus only, afaik).
> The RandR stuff could be moved in g-s-d, and the wallpaper code as well,
> when nautilus stops handling the desktop at some point in GNOME 3. And
> nautilus could move the thumbnailer code to use itself.

Eye of GNOME uses the thumbnailer as well (we need to be able to
thumbnail without nautilus). But it should be no problem to C&P this bit
(just 2 files I think) between nautilus and eog. One could also think
about reanimating the once proposed d-bus-based thumbnailer[1] if more
users show up.