Re: external dependency review

Am Donnerstag, den 13.05.2010, 18:11 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> once per cycle, we should go through the list of external dependencies

Thanks for collecting the list.

Only partially related, but some comments on GNOME3 readiness in the
cleanup area:

> avahi                     no change

GSeal is fixed in git master => 0.6.26 tarball welcome

> clutter-gtk               no change

GSeal fixed in git master (but not 0.10 branch) => tarball welcome

> gamin                     only used by gnome-vfs -> drop ?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong:
For 3.0 we should drop it, but currently tomboy still requires libgnome
which requires gnome-vfs which requires gamin.
Hence probably too early in the 2.31.x cycle?

> gtk-vnc                   no change

GSeal patch awaiting review and commit => tarball welcome

> libgda                   4.0.8

4.1.5 tarball fixes GSeal.

> libggz                    dropped from gnome-games -> drop ?
> libnotify                 no change

GSeal and deprecated Glib/Gtk symbols fixed in git master
=> 0.4.6 tarball welcome

> polkit-gtk                called polkit-gnome now, 0.96

GSeal patch awaiting review and commit => tarball welcome

> poppler                   0.12.4

GSeal (only in example code) fixed in git master
=> tarball welcome

> swfdec                    no change

Does not compile with GSeal.

> vala                      0.8.1

GSeal etc: parallel gtk2 and gtk3 bindings?
Uses deprecated g_mapped_file_free() once.

> webkit                    no change

Does not compile with GSeal.

andre
--