Re: Label in tray = P in the A
- From: Sergey Udaltsov <sergey udaltsov gmail com>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad esfahbod gmail com>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Label in tray = P in the A
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:08:16 +0000
Not an options. This is INDICATOR. That's a primary function.
Switching is a secondary function.
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Sergey Udaltsov
> <sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
>> Thanks lads, the idea about pango really worked. I should not have
>> used the 'toy' API. But the things got worse with the proper size -
>> the label becomes wide.
>> Here's another trouble. GtkStatusIcon makes the icon square.
>> Effectively, it means the image gets scaled and the glyphs become
>> narrow. What would be the acceptable solution? Just leave it as it is?
>> Use two status icons (hehe, joking)? Use flags (joking even more)?
>> Any ideas are welcome.
> Just use a keyboard icon, and have a menu to switch layouts.
] [Thread Prev