Re: GtkNotebook scrolling usability

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 10/03/2010 alle 16.50 -0600, Cody Russell ha scritto:
>> Just wanted to
>> post on the lists and see if people have thoughts on this, otherwise I'm
>> probably going to file a patch to either rip the feature out or at the
>> very least make it so we can disable it. :)
>
> I'm a big fan of this feature, it allows me to quickly switch between
> tabs without move the pointer. It's really useful when I don't
> know/remember which tab I actually need or want to activate.
>
> It helps you to be more streamlined, so I can't understand why it should
> be an issue for novice users...

I also happen to be a fan of this feature.  I use it in my web browser
of choice, in gnome-terminal, in gedit, and similar applications.  I
don't find it as handy in preferences dialogs.

If there ends up being a bug report about this, please share the bug
number.  And hopefully we can get some usability nerds involved in
this decision.

Sandy