Re: GtkNotebook scrolling usability

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 17:25 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org>
> wrote:
>          He
>         suggested that maybe there's a use for it in the case that you
>         have a
>         ton of notebook tabs open, but I'm not quite convinced.  Just
>         wanted to
>         post on the lists and see if people have thoughts on this,
>         otherwise I'm
>         probably going to file a patch to either rip the feature out
>         or at the
>         very least make it so we can disable it. :)
>

> I don't recall where but I'm fairly sure I saw someone using that to
> flip through open tabs in Epiphany.

You might have been watching me.  I do it all the time.
But I don't think I ever do it in preference dialogs or
other places where there's a static set of tabs.

I'm sure there are people who trigger this accidentally,
and it's very annoying for them.  And I'm sure there are
people who love this feature.  So, you know, trade-off.

--
Shaun McCance
http://syllogist.net/