Re: Modulesets Reorganization

Hi,

2010/6/2 Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>:
> Le mercredi 02 juin 2010 à 11:59 +0100, Lucas Rocha a écrit :
>> I don't see this as a move to avoid decisions. It's more about being
>> inclusive with app developers. Why do we have to choose between
>> high-quality competing apps? If they follow GNOME guidelines, use our
>> platform, are well implemented, have a lively user community, I'd
>> prefer to have both considered as first-class citizens in GNOME.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2008-January/msg00861.html

I think you missed the point. We're not distros. We provide a platform
and components to build distros and other products. So, yes, distros
should probably just pick the software that best fit their target
audience and stick with them. So, the argument in the linked message
doesn't apply to us in the exact same way than distros.

--lucasr